Wednesday, March 26, 2008

michale: day 2/3 update

OK, I'm cold. Is anyone else cold?? I just made some nice hot water... no tea .... Monika packed the tea!! But she promises to get me some kind of delicious rooibos/yum tea at Whole Foods today.

The hardest part of this, for me, so far, is the amount of time it takes to juice everything. Other than that, the cravings for odd things come and go, but that's no different than most days in my life: "should I eat a hostess cake right now?" "what about french fries?" and so the chatter goes. Mostly, my answer is no, not right now.

Yesterday was pretty great. I did drink coffee yesterday, though. Is that preventing me from having detox symptoms like Susan? Probably. I'll see if I can hold out today. For Susan. This moment, I don't feel like I need to drink coffee; I don't even have a headache. That's a freaking miracle in itself.

My juice yesterday had a lot of fennel and a wee bit of garlic in it, which made it very savory and delicious. Today was my first day juicing with NO HELP from Monika at all, which means that I didn't juice any apples, pears, or spinach. It took me 45 minutes to juice two heads of celery, a big bunch of kale, and a cucumber. I added water from two young coconuts for some sweetness. And that's it. It's much less tasty than yesterday, but it feels very balancing and alkaline.

Yesterday, my friend Stuart was sitting next to me while I was drinking my juice and he said "What IS that? It smells like a FART." I made him smell it up close, and he agreed that it only smelled like a fart from far away. Up close, it smelled like juice.

Oh, and this is the BEST part of today so far: one of the patients I work with brought me a gift: a HUGE bag of basil from Hawaii. I'm plopping some in my tea water now. I love my job.

No comments: